Chocolate milk kefir ice cream is a delicious and healthy treat that you can enjoy any time of the year. Made with kefir, a fermented milk drink, this ice cream is packed with probiotics and healthy bacteria that promote gut health and boost your immune system. If you’re a fan of chocolate and ice cream, then you’ll love this recipe. It’s easy to make and requires only a few simple ingredients.
***This post may contain affiliate links. By clicking on a link, I may receive a small commission that is no additional cost to you.
Table of Contents
- What is Milk Kefir?
- Health Benefits of Chocolate Milk Kefir Ice Cream
- Recommended Supplies
- How to Make Chocolate Milk Kefir Ice Cream
What is Milk Kefir?
Milk kefir is a fermented drink made with milk and kefir grains. Kefir grains are a combination of bacteria and yeast that ferment the milk, creating a tangy and slightly carbonated drink. Milk kefir is known for its probiotic properties, which can help improve digestion, boost immunity, and even reduce inflammation.
Health Benefits of Chocolate Milk Kefir Ice Cream
Promotes Gut Health
Kefir is a fermented milk drink that is rich in probiotics and healthy bacteria. These good bacteria can help to improve your gut health and boost your immune system. Consuming kefir regularly can also help to reduce inflammation in the body, which is linked to a number of chronic diseases such as heart disease, cancer, and diabetes.
High in Nutrients
Chocolate milk kefir ice cream is not only delicious but also packed with nutrients. Kefir is a good source of protein, calcium, and vitamin D, which are all essential for strong bones and teeth. Chocolate milk is also a good source of antioxidants, which can help to protect your cells from damage caused by free radicals.
Consuming kefir regularly can help to lower your cholesterol levels. A study published in the Journal of Dairy Science found that consuming kefir for 12 weeks helped to reduce LDL (bad) cholesterol levels in participants.
Helps with Digestion
Kefir contains enzymes that can help to break down lactose, making it easier for people who are lactose intolerant to digest milk products. It can also help to alleviate symptoms of digestive issues such as bloating, gas, and constipation.
Boosts Immune System
Kefir is a good source of probiotics, which can help to boost your immune system. A healthy gut flora can help to fight off harmful bacteria and viruses, reducing your risk of getting sick.
Stir + Saunter’s product recommendation: Ice Cream Maker from Amazon.
Stir + Saunter’s product recommendation: Ice Cream Salt from Amazon.
Stir + Saunter’s product recommendation: Ice Cream Storage Container from Amazon.
Stir + Saunter’s product recommendation: Warming Ice Cream Scooper from Amazon.
How to Make Chocolate Milk Kefir Ice Cream
Indulgent Delight: Heavenly Chocolate Milk Kefir Ice Cream
2 cups milk kefir
6 cups heavy cream
1 cup granulated stevia
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the milk kefir, heavy cream, stevia, cocoa powder, and vanilla extract. Stir well until the ingredients are thoroughly combined and the stevia is fully dissolved.
- Taste the mixture. Add more stevia if you want it sweeter. Add more cocoa powder for a richer chocolate flavor.
- Pour the mixture into the bowl of your ice cream maker.
- Follow the manufacturer’s instructions for your ice cream maker to churn the mixture. Typically, this involves running the machine for about 20-30 minutes or until the ice cream reaches a thick, creamy consistency.
- Once the ice cream has been churned, transfer it to airtight containers and place them in the freezer for at least 4 hours to allow the ice cream to harden further.
- Stir in 2 cups of your favorite mix-ins, like Lily’s Baking Chips or almonds for added flavor.
Chocolate milk kefir ice cream is a delicious and healthy treat that you can enjoy any time of the year. Made with kefir, a fermented milk drink, this ice cream is packed with probiotics and healthy bacteria that promote gut health and boost your immune system. It’s also high in nutrients, low in cholesterol, and can help with digestion. So next time you’re craving something sweet, try making this delicious and healthy ice cream recipe.
For more milk kefir ice cream recipes, click here.
Do you need help organizing your recipes? Stir + Saunter creates digital recipe books to organize your recipes while reducing paper waste. They come in a variety of colors and themes and can be used in PDF annotation apps, such as GoodNotes and Notability. Click here to see Stir + Saunter’s collection of digital recipe books.